Koodo Community
Question

I can not use VPN

• 8 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I use my Android phone to share the data to my laptop.  when I use laptop to connect to office VPN, the internet speed is very slow, and I can not open any web, even the VPN shows as connected.

1, if I use my wife’s phone (Rogers)  to share the data to my laptop, the VPN works fine. 

2, this situation happened on my home internet connection(Shaw) before. Shaw’s tech guy set my home router dedicated connected to an individual server which is compatible better with VPN, and it was fixed.

I am wondering if anyone can give me some suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Jun

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi

1. Rogers and Koodo don’t operate on the same network. How is your Koodo signal coverage in your area? did you have the same speed as your Rogers phone? Also, are you using the same phone model? If koodo didn’t have good coverage in your area, you can’t have a good speed with VPN .
  2. Phone IP settings are automatic though. There isn’t many options for you to change like a router with Shaw. I suggest you try to put the Koodo sim in another phone and see if that can improve.

Hello,

1, the coverage is good and it is not an internet issue.

2, it cann’t be changed on the side of home router or modem, neither on the phone, as it is not the phone’s issue.

it could be the compatibility issue between Koodo’s gateway and other organization’s VPN server. Could you please have a chat with your other coworker, they may fix it for us from different side or scope. As I found in this community, there are other users having this similar issue.

thanks,

Jun

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

1, the coverage is good and it is not an internet issue.

2, it cann’t be changed on the side of home router or modem, neither on the phone, as it is not the phone’s issue.

it could be the compatibility issue between Koodo’s gateway and other organization’s VPN server. Could you please have a chat with your other coworker, they may fix it for us from different side or scope. As I found in this community, there are other users having this similar issue.

thanks,

Jun

I am a customer like you are. This is customer forum by the way.

As per the fix, what was the fix the last time shaw did it for you? could you be more specific? They might need what type of VPN server that you were connected to also.

our VPN is IPSec on Meraki.

Shaw guy did not ask me if I know our VPN type or not. they simply changed it on their side and then asked me to test it on my side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think your best option is to contact customer support at Cisco-Meraki to see if they can offer a solution. There is also a Site-to-Site VPN troubleshooting page that may help, though I’m not sure if this applies to your VPN setup.

Site-to-Site VPN Troubleshooting

Contact Us | Cisco-Meraki - scroll down to Customer Support