Koodo Community
Question

Home Phone, line left open after after alarm calls monitoring station

• 12 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Home phone works perfectly well,  with one exception. 

After my home alarm is triggered it dials the monitoring station sent the alert and  then then the line is locked/left open the alarm keeps the line open waiting for something.  Somehow the trigger from the monitoring station to the alarm to disconnect the line is not being received.  The monitoring is done through Telus,  Is it a monitoring station issues or a Koodo home phone issue.

Help

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Home phone works perfectly well,  with one exception. 

After my home alarm is triggered it dials the monitoring station sent the alert and  then then the line is locked/left open the alarm keeps the line open waiting for something.  Somehow the trigger from the monitoring station to the alarm to disconnect the line is not being received.  The monitoring is done through Telus,  Is it a monitoring station issues or a Koodo home phone issue.

Help

Have you tried resetting your home phone? You can refer to the user manual on the following page for more details. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/101-koodo-wireless-home-phone

I have to turn the unit off and then back on to get the dial tone back.  That is the only reset.  However once alarm calls the monitoring stations.  It stays open / no dial tone until I turn it off and then back on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have to turn the unit off and then back on to get the dial tone back.  That is the only reset.  However once alarm calls the monitoring stations.  It stays open / no dial tone until I turn it off and then back on.

Have you followed up with the technical support team at Telus SmartHome Security to see if they can troubleshoot the problem?