Koodo Community
Solved

have sim card and being prompted to add esim

• 4 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

My son’s cell phone data just stopped working today on his iphone XR and we have no idea why. 

In the settings he is being prompted to add an esim.  However he has an actual sim card which was working until today.

We tried to power off the phone, he backed it up and reset to factory settings, he checked for updates and nothing so far has worked.   

Can anyone explain why this has happened and how we can get his cellular data to start working again?

Thanks for your support!

Kim 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 4 October 2022, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try swapping Sim cards with another phone to see if the problem follows?

Thanks for this suggestion. I tried it and the problem did not follow.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the issue did not show up in other phone, there might be something wrong with the settings of the phone. I suggest you reset all settings of the phone and see if it can help.

If the issue did not show up in other phone, there might be something wrong with the settings of the phone. I suggest you reset all settings of the phone and see if it can help.

We  reset to factory settings but this did not resolve the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We  reset to factory settings but this did not resolve the issue.

It is possible the SIM card is no longer working properly. You should head to your nearest Koodo store to get a replacement. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support