Koodo Community

ex spouse ordered phone on line in account in my name

• 31 August 2023
  • 1 reply

My ex spouse needed to get a new phone, but his phone is in an account under my name. He contacted Koodo, didn’t have access to my drivers license and couldn’t remember my birthday. Because he didn’t have the needed info, he ordered a phone on line (from Koodo).  When I contacted Koodo about this they told me to shut the account down. He was abusive with violent tendencies, and I was fearful that he would retaliate if I shut the account down.  He hasn’t paid an outstanding balance which is reflected on my credit rating. I contacted Koodo and asked them if they could write off those charges because I had contacted them about him fraudulently obtaining a new phone under my name. I was told because he had paid some bills they could not do that. This left me with the impression that Koodo will allow someone access to a new phone (who is not the account holder) as long as the bill is paid. Once the bill is not paid that’s when they seem to care. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did he have the access to your selfserve account? If he can, he could  order the phone from there. 

Koodo isn't police or family protection service, they couldn't turn off the line themselfve if the onwner (you) didn't want to do it.