Koodo Community
Question

eSIM problem - "Can't disable carrier"

• 12 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a Pixel 6 with 3 eSIMs: 2 unused, and 1 for Koodo (main carrier).  I decided to buy an extra eSIM for an upcoming trip on Airalo, and when I attempted to download it the process failed.  I rebooted the phone to see if it'd make any difference, but when it came back I did not have any mobile service anymore: the Koodo eSIM had been disabled.

When I try to reenable it, I see the message "Can't disable carrier - Something went wrong and your carrier could not be disabled".

I then thought that the problem might be with the other 2 unused eSIMs.  When I try to erase them from the device, I get a generic error saying that it was impossible to do so.

I've already tried:

• Rebooting the device many times, including in Safe Mode
  • Resetting the network/mobile
  • Erasing all downloaded eSIMs (I get the same generic error)
  • Talking to Google via chat/phone

I found a few references online saying that Pixel phones can only store 3 eSIMs max., but I could not find anyone experience the exact same problem I'm having.  I'm really trying to avoid doing a factory reset.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What did google say about it and to do?

After going through the same troubleshooting steps with them to no avail, they told me to either contact my carrier (because this is an eSIM-related issue, and they don't provide support for those) or factory reset the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After going through the same troubleshooting steps with them to no avail, they told me to either contact my carrier (because this is an eSIM-related issue, and they don't provide support for those) or factory reset the phone.

I think you might have accidentally erased the Koodo eSIM. Koodo eSIM once was removed, it can't be restored.