Skip to main content
Question

Esim No Service

• 29 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I just transferred my phone number from Fido to Koodo. I used the self-phone number transfer service and reply YES when I get Fido confirmation SMS. Under my koodo account page, I can see the phone number was already changed from my temporary phone number to my original number. When I scan my Esim card QR code, the number can be added to my phone but I can not get any koodo service. 

How I can solve this issue? The phone number is really important for me.

Thank you,

LX

Have you tried restarting your phone yet?

Yes, I tried to restart my phone, aeroplane mode, turn off and turn on the line. 

I have the same issue. I got the Esim card and tried activate at home. Every time it shown Unable to activate.

Have you tried restarting your phone yet?

Do you think the Esim needs to be linked to my regular Sim card before activating?

Yes you have to perform a sim swap online to activate the esim.

Updating your SIM card in Self Serve

Note: To protect your privacy, this transaction can’t be done over the phone with the help of a rep and must be completed online through Self Serve.

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Change your SIM card.
  4. Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
  5. A 5-digit verification code will be sent to your current phone. In case your SIM is lost/damaged, the verification code will be sent to another line or to an email address on your account.
  6. Once you’ve entered the verification code, you can now insert your new SIM card into your phone. Turn the phone off and back on again. Heads up! It may take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.