Koodo Community
Question

"Error Incorrect Account Number" - Number Change (Porting from Rogers to Koodo)

• 10 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I am a Rogers customer who has recently bought into Koodo during the black friday sale. I received a sim card shortly afterwards in the mail and I registered in the Koodo self serve successfully.

However when I attempt the number porting process via koodomobile.com/changenumber, I always receive “error wrong account number” despite my information being accurate. (I’ve confirmed my account number is correct in both my bill and online account with Rogers). I’ve also tried with entering in the IMEI and also got that the account number is wrong?

I called the Koodo porting center today at +1-844-232-7678 but the automated service was useless for helping me.

After 3 days of trying different things I still can’t use my Koodo sim card and cannot cancel my Rogers account until the port is completed. And to top things, I’ve already been sent a bill by Koodo for this month…

How do I get this issue resolved?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that "After 3 days of trying different things I still can’t use my Koodo sim card", but you should be able to your SIM/ service because your SIM is already activated with a temporary number.

Can you power cycle your phone to see if it works 

Also log-in to your self serve and check the SIM number there and number on the SUM card if it's also matching?

You mentioned that "After 3 days of trying different things I still can’t use my Koodo sim card", but you should be able to your SIM/ service because your SIM is already activated with a temporary number.

Can you power cycle your phone to see if it works 

Also log-in to your self serve and check the SIM number there and number on the SUM card if it's also matching?

Sorry you’re right, that wasn’t an accurate statement. I’m sure my Koodo sim card worked from the start. But until my number is ported to it, it didn’t serve a purpose to me. I was also advised that my old Rogers sim card must be still in a working phone in order to accept the porting text message...a step I never reached anyway.

All is well though, I’ve managed to get my number ported: I went into London Drugs location and one of the staff called Koodo from the dealers line and they ported it within minutes without any further issue.