Koodo Community
Question

emergency calls only

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Lost phone, replaced with new phone and SIM card , but can't make calls or text. Phone says “Emergency Calls Only”.  I have tried every option on the Self Serve option and tutorials but still doesn’t work.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Lost phone, replaced with new phone and SIM card , but can't make calls or text. Phone says “Emergency Calls Only”.  I have tried every option on the Self Serve option and tutorials but still doesn’t work.

Did you update the SIM card on your Self-Serve account? You can refer to the following link for more details. https://www.koocdomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Yes I did. I tried everything on the website and nothing works. Called Customer Support number and automated service wants to send an email before connecting to agent, on a phone that doesn’t have any service. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I did. I tried everything on the website and nothing works. Called Customer Support number and automated service wants to send an email before connecting to agent, on a phone that doesn’t have any service. Very frustrating.

It seems your SIM wasn't transferred properly. When you said you did transfer, as you didn't have the old sim card, how did you receive the verification text from Koodo?