Koodo Community

Email Sync

• 13 July 2022
  • 8 replies

• Connector
  • 4 replies

So in the last two days I can not receive or send emails when roaming, not syncing. If I am connected to WI FI everything works perfect. I have checked the network. I have deleted all emails and re added to my phone. Triple check all incoming & outgoing server setting. Can anyone HELP PLEASE

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does everything else work fine on data while roaming? Just emails have issues?

Yes just the emails. Someone mentioned maybe a sim card issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which email provider was it? If it worked on Wifi, it should be fine with Cellular data. Did you use cellular data normally? Can you access webpage while roaming?

I use Rogers/Yahoo mail. Everything else works will roaming. My wife has the same phone and set up exactly and everything works for her while roaming.  Yes I use cellular data always. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I use Rogers/Yahoo mail. Everything else works will roaming. My wife has the same phone and set up exactly and everything works for her while roaming.  Yes I use cellular data always. 

When you are roaming, you are actually not on Koodo network but a cellular partner in another country. If possible, could you put your wife phone’s SIM card into yours and see if that works?

Also, when you were on cellular network (without wifi) in your phone, could you use the web browser to access your email? (don’t use the email app in the phone)? Also, was there error showing up when your email didn’t sync?

Hey Dinh, I switched sim cards. That isn’t the issue. Its something with my phone! I can actually use google mail and that works fine when roaming., just not rogers/yahoo!  I have tried opening my email in the internet browser on the phone. IT WORKS!!  But no notification when emails arrive in my Inbox. 

But why not the old way? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Dinh, I switched sim cards. That isn’t the issue. Its something with my phone! I can actually use google mail and that works fine when roaming., just not rogers/yahoo!  I have tried opening my email in the internet browser on the phone. IT WORKS!!  But no notification when emails arrive in my Inbox. 

But why not the old way? 

I think it was some issue with the settings of the mail app. You mentioned your wife mail account worked? I just wondered if you can copy everything from that account into your phone? Was the 2 phone models similar?

Thanks for all your input. I have basically copied from her phone. I've done so many different things. Tired...lol

I am pretty confident it's a glitch in my phone. I've been running these emails for years with no issues...