Koodo Community
Question

Easy Roam does not work for me

• 28 August 2022
  • 7 replies

I travelled to Washington state and California in June and just got back from Boston. In all three locations, Easy Roam simply did not work for calling and text. My phone consistently said that it could not connect to a network and I was on a different phone in June than August so I don’t think it was a defect of the phone handset. I’d restart the phone, try connecting manually to a network, and it would never stay connected. Any guidance on how to make Easy Roam work would be helpful. My wife is on Koodo and her phone has no such issues.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cengler 

Sorry to hear that! 

Since it happened with 2 different phones and your wife’s phone on  Koodo didn’t have this issue, it might be that sim card needs replaced.

Does the sim work properly in Canada?

Yes.  Absolutely no issue with the Sim in Canada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? Can you try to reset network settings of the phone?

Also, you could test the SIM by putting your SIM into your wife phone and see if it works normally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using a device that only has 3G capabilities? It should be noted that the U.S. carriers have shut down their 3G network not too long ago. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/3gshutdownUS

Are you using a device that only has 3G capabilities? It should be noted that the U.S. carriers have shut down their 3G network not too long ago. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/3gshutdownUS

No, my device is capable of 4G/5G.

I just went and got a new SIM. I will have to see if it works the next time I am in the US. Thanks to all who answered; further responses are not required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When roaming in the US, network settings have to be changed to “AUTOMATIC”, not tagged to Koodo, Telus or any named carrier. Reboot the phone after making the change, and you should come up with AT&T or T-Mobile as the connected network.

If you are near the border, and want to avoid accidentally connecting thru roaming, change the network settings to KOODO and re-boot.