Koodo Community
Solved

Dropped Calls pixel 6

• 7 January 2022
  • 6 replies

My pixel 6 is dropping both incoming and outgoing calls.  I have tried with both wifi calling and regular calling.  The problem is intermittent.  At some points I cant hear the other caller and at some points they cant hear me.  Other times the call drops outright.  I have good reception with both my 5g cell signal and wifi internet.  

icon

Best answer by rikkster 7 January 2022, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo does not offer 5G. If your phone is set to 5G, this may explain the dropped calls. To change the network mode to LTE, go to Settings > Network & internet - tap SIMS, then scroll down and tap Preferred network type and tap the option for LTE. Make some test calls to see if this has resolved the issue.

I also have a Pixel 6 and was having low signal/dropped call issues at home (in Halifax). Just adjusted the Preferred Network Type from “5G” to “LTE” and it seems to have helped. Seems like calls are getting through now. I also installed an app that tells me my signal level and its at -113 dB, which is considered poor signal. I didn’t have these issues (or at least didn’t notice) until just recently. Is there any way to tell if there’s a cellular tower offline in my neighbourhood?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I also have a Pixel 6 and was having low signal/dropped call issues at home (in Halifax). Just adjusted the Preferred Network Type from “5G” to “LTE” and it seems to have helped. Seems like calls are getting through now. I also installed an app that tells me my signal level and its at -113 dB, which is considered poor signal. I didn’t have these issues (or at least didn’t notice) until just recently. Is there any way to tell if there’s a cellular tower offline in my neighbourhood?

In the same menu where you switched from 5G to LTE, switch to 3G for now, to see if signal reception improves. Your best option would be to schedule a callback using Koodo Assist and ask the rep if there is a cellular tower offline or if there’s maintenance being performed on the tower that services your area. Type “service issue” (without quotation marks) in the chat dialogue box  and follow the prompts.

Userlevel 2

This has been a common problem with Pixel 6 phones. I doubt it’s Telus or Koodo’s fault. All across the US and Europe this is happening. It is a bug. The P6 isn’t using a Qualcomm modem in these phones. This is supposed to be fixed in the Jan. update. I returned my P6 for this reason. I was getting dropped calls and texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/143183382/december-2021-update-paused?hl=en

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/143968432/google-pixel-update-january-2022?hl=en

Supposedly a fix is coming toward the end of this month.  Fingers crossed.

Same here for a year and every excuse you can imagine  was given to me.

Just one example  an hour conversation and the screen shot she sent shows 3 drops one every l5 minutes . Then one more after that and we gave up and hu g up.

It's been reported many timed. I've been with Telus from when I had  landlines no problems.

My 2 years is up and I'm shopping no way would I Stay with them.

Warm your friends and familes.