Koodo Community
Question

Don't receive welcome text after porting to Koodo

• 16 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi,
I transferred my mobility service from Bell to Koodo today Jun 15. I got a text message from Bell about the number transferred, replied ‘Yes’, then service with Bell got cancelled. Now I can call, text, using data with Koodo but I haven't received the welcome text message yet after having been waited for more than 2.5 hours. I saw that many people also got the same issue. Can someone from Koodo please look into it and advise me what I need to do to make sure everything works fine for me and my number was successfully ported  (especially the emergency service like 911). Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As long as you can access your self-serve, use data, text and calls, it should be fine.

911 should always be available, even if your phone doesn’t have any service from any carrier.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. However, although I am able to receive regular text messages from my friends, I am unable to receive 2FA codes from the Canada Revenue Agency. I am having the same issue which the other user also have. Would you please have someone looked into this?Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you call Koodo’s porting department at 1-844-232-7678, and your porting process isn't 100% complete, you'll be able to connect to someone. If it doesn't let you, let us know and we can flag a rep to see if there's something they can see.

You do have the option to request a phone call from CRA for 2FA for the code. If you hVent tried that, does it work?

I scheduled a callback with Koodo’s porting dept. We’ll see how it goes, then I’ll give an update on this thread.

Yes, I can receive a phone call from CRA for 2FA code but I would prefer getting a text message though.

I scheduled a callback with Koodo’s porting dept. We’ll see how it goes, then I’ll give an update on this thread.

Yes, I can receive a phone call from CRA for 2FA code but I would prefer getting a text message though.

Have you called the porting department and how did that work out for you? I’m having the same issues, I didn’t receive a welcome text from Koodo. I also transfered from Bell. Thanks! 

Yes, I called the porting dept. They showed me to remove my SIM card from my phone, wait for 1 or 2 minutes then put it back. After that I restarted my phone, it works fine now.

Thanks!