Koodo Community
Solved

Does my 30-month old SIM card need to be replaced?

• 7 September 2022
  • 1 reply

In the past week or so I’ve had a couple of occurrences where I’m getting a message that my phone (a Samsung A70) has no sim card or it can’t send text messages.  In addition, when I make or receive a phone call the other caller keeps cutting in and out.  They can hear me fine but I can only hear half of what they’re saying.  I’ve tried powering off and back on which seems to temporarily fix the situation but it is happening more frequently.  I’ve also tried removing and reinserting the SIM card but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.   I’m wondering if I might need to replace the SIM card?  The phone was brand new 30 months ago.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 7 September 2022, 04:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A “no SIM card” error message usually points to a faulty SIM card. While SIM cards have a good track record for longevity, some do fail.

Another possibility is that a buildup of dust or lint can sometimes prevent the SIM card from making contact with the pins inside the SIM slot. A computer duster (compressed air) may help to dislodge dust or lint buildup. Remove the SIM card, but do not insert the straw/nozzle into the SIM slot. A few shots of air from a couple of centimetres away from the SIM slot is all that’s needed. 

If still no luck or if you don’t have access to a computer duster, your best option is to take your phone to a Koodo kiosk or authorized reseller and see if they can test your phone with a new SIM card.