Koodo Community
Solved

Data inconsistencies

My data limit has apperently been reached on my mobile phone despite only being on day 5 of having it reset, when I check the website it says I've only used 19% of my data, but when I check directly on my phone it says I have reached the 2GB limit despite just having it reset, and now I can use my data even though I still have remaining data. I don't know what's going on and I am frustrated to no end trying to figure this out and get it fixed, as I rely on my data to check bus schedules.

icon

Best answer by Lou 27 August 2022, 00:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Well if I am looking at your pics properly, you don't have your phone set to match your actual billing dates with Koodo. Your phone is tracking Aug 1 to 31st, but should be tracking usage from Aug 22 to Sep 21st. It isn't automatic - your phone doesn't know what your plan is - you will have to set it manually.

The data usage on the Koodo website is what you should be going by.

Well if I am looking at your pics properly, you don't have your phone set to match your actual billing dates with Koodo. Your phone is tracking Aug 1 to 31st, but should be tracking usage from Aug 22 to Sep 21st. It isn't automatic - your phone doesn't know what your plan is - you will have to set it manually.

The data usage on the Koodo website is what you should be going by.

I didn't know this, fixed my issue immediately, thank you so much!

No problem. Glad it worked out. 

The same has happened here.  Looking at usage on my phone AND on Koodo  Self Serve.  Have used all of my data in 4 days.  I have had this phone for over a year, and have never had this problem.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Oops, 5 days. I am mostly on wifi.  So, it’s unclear how so much data was used.  My behavior has not changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oops, 5 days. I am mostly on wifi.  So, it’s unclear how so much data was used.  My behavior has not changed.

Can you check the cellular usage section of each app in the phone and see which app was using more than normal?

Chrome seems more than normal

My data is showing consumed even though I am on wifi. The usage calculation is very inconsistent for my number.

I still haven’t received assistance with mine, so, I’m not sure where to go from here.