Koodo Community
Question

"Data block on your account"

• 11 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

My wife's data is not working. This is the message that comes up when data is turned on plus the page it takes me to when I click the notification. Called support a few times, no issues showing on their end. They gave me some troubleshooting steps, take Sim card out, reset network, start phone etc but nothing is working. I even set up a new Sim card but still nothing. Even when logging into our account there's nothing to show a block on data

Any help would be great!!

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you already contacted Koodo support and they checked their end, I think the issue could be from the phone. From the snapshot there was a message saying "sign in to network"?. Was the phone working fine before on Koodo network? If possible can you take the SIM out and test on another device to see if it can work?

As well, check the phone data APN as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Userlevel 1

We both swapped Sims, my data works no problem on both phones but the same message comes up on mind with her Sim in. Again, even assigned a new Sim to her account but same issue. 

I followed the instructions in that link and no luck!

Userlevel 1

If you already contacted Koodo support and they checked their end, I think the issue could be from the phone. From the snapshot there was a message saying "sign in to network"?. Was the phone working fine before on Koodo network? If possible can you take the SIM out and test on another device to see if it can work?

As well, check the phone data APN as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

I replied as a separate message sorry. And yes her phone was working fine for years on koodo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed her plan had data included in it? Did your plan have a data block before? Have you changed your plan recently?

Anyway, let me flag a rep. It seems there were some settings wasn't right at Koodo end as the issue persists in another device.

Userlevel 1

I assumed her plan had data included in it? Did your plan have a data block before? Have you changed your plan recently?

Anyway, let me flag a rep. It seems there were some settings wasn't right at Koodo end as the issue persists in another device.

Yes she's had data forever. No changes to the account besides a data upgrade yesterday which I thought might have fixed the issue. The issue started Friday evening 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Collinj66  We have looked into your account, we saw that a data blcok was added  but we also saw that you removed the data block in self serve, yesterday!  
Your data should be working now. Please let us know if you are still having issues. 

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Collinj66  We have looked into your account, we saw that a data blcok was added  but we also saw that you removed the data block in self serve, yesterday!  
Your data should be working now. Please let us know if you are still having issues. 

I added the block and deleted just last night to see if that would fix the issue. There was no block on the account, again, just wanted to see if adding one and deleting would help.

No luck, still no data

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I added the block and deleted just last night to see if that would fix the issue. There was no block on the account, again, just wanted to see if adding one and deleting would help.

No luck, still no data

Did you check the device to see if Cellular Data is turned on? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Collinj66 

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve looked through the settings of the line and from our end, the settings shows as the data is unblocked and should be working just fine. 

It is recommended to turn off cellular  and wi-fi options, reset the network settings and try to connect by using only the cellular data and maintain the wi-fi turned off. 

Another option would be to switch through the network mode back and forth through the options available. The device model is not shown so I will provide an example for a Samsung here . The path might be different for iPhones as shown here. 

I can also see that the plan was recently changed and it seems that the Rollover data was brought fourth from the previous plan to the new one and that’s the only difference that I can see between the 2 numbers. 

I do not see any issues from my side however I can recommend removing the perk, at least temporary and re-adding it on the bill cycle start date, which is very soon. This means that the data that was rolled over, would be lost by doing this process.

You can test that out or wait for the new billing cycle to start and let us know if everything is working fine.