Koodo Community
Solved

Can I Switch 5g off and on with a Koodo Samsung Galaxy S21?

• 31 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

My ma hates mobile phones and wants control over her 5g exposure! Can I switch 5g off and on with a Koodo Samsung Galaxy S21? I know KooDo isn’t on any 5g networks but want to be able to assure her she won’t have any 5g transmission if she doesn’t want it.

Thanks!

Ben

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 31 December 2021, 01:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t have a S21. However from a report in the forum, the Koodo firmware didn’t have the 5G toggle as if it didn’t exist in the phone.

Hmmm ok thanks for that info! Not sure If I’ll be able to convince my ma to get one of these. 

Does anyone know if a 5g phone transmits in 4g and 5g if it is on a 4g network or does it only transmit 4g if the available network is 4g? So it recognizes the network and only transmits what that network is capable of. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does anyone know if a 5g phone transmits in 4g and 5g if it is on a 4g network or does it only transmit 4g if the available network is 4g? So it recognizes the network and only transmits what that network is capable of. Thanks!

Your mother should not need to worry about this. The phone may have 5G capabilities, but the Koodo network only extends to LTE at this time. It will only work on the 4G network, as it does not offer any service on the 5G network. https://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/network/

Ok thanks Milky Way!