Koodo Community
Solved

Calls not coming in

• 18 October 2021
  • 4 replies

A couple days ago, a friend called me, I answered and there was no sound at all. I called them back, and they told me they had actually called several times but it said I wasn’t available. My call log shows no history of any calls coming in except the one I answered. Then today, I got a voicemail without my phone ever ringing, it was from a salon confirming my appointment, so I know I’ve received calls from them before. Once again, my call log shows nothing, and yet somehow I got a voicemail from them. I did get a phone call earlier today that seemed fine. This is concerning since I’m waiting for important calls, what if I miss them and will never have known because it doesn’t even show that someone called in my call logs? I hadn’t noticed any problems before just these last few days. I’ve tried restarting my phone after the incident with my friend, but it seems to be still happening. I have good coverage, always full bars, both times were just in my apartment, nothing new. Any idea how to make sure this doesn’t happen? I’ve only been with Koodo for a few months, is it just bad service?

icon

Best answer by Nezgar 18 October 2021, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does anyone else with Koodo or Telus around you have the same issues? It's probably not a bad area if your data and sms works otherwise. If you tried resetting your phone and APN, you can see if you can put your Sim card in another phone if the problem will follow. Otherwise I'd send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get a tech support ticket opened

Does anyone else with Koodo or Telus around you have the same issues? It's probably not a bad area if your data and sms works otherwise. If you tried resetting your phone and APN, you can see if you can put your Sim card in another phone if the problem will follow. Otherwise I'd send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get a tech support ticket opened

Thanks @Goran :) I’m not sure if anyone else is having issues since I don’t really know anyone to ask in the area, but data and sms are both fine and never had any issues. I’ve just restarted my phone & reset the APN again now to see if that helps, but I will probably follow your suggestion and send Koodo a message! It’s tough to know when it’s happening since I don’t get many phone calls, and the ones I do, I would likely never know I missed them unless they leave a voicemail, if my phone never rings and never shows anything in the call log.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@WandererTAre you in the London, Ontario area by chance? There are also a lot of similar reports from people in that area in the Public Mobile forums, Telus Mobility’s other brand:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Calls-going-to-voicemail/m-p/736835

The workaround is to disable LTE and stay on 3G for now. It seems to be a localized issue related to network upgrades, and the ability for incoming phone calls to handoff from LTE to 3G for non-VoLTE capable phones. Public Mobile doesn’t support VoLTE at all, so anyone in the area would be affected. It’s happenned occasionally in the past but basically keep it in 3G only mode for now, and occasionally test an imcoming call with LTE enabled until it’s working again… Maybe a week or so, we’ll see.

@Nezgar I am in the London area! That sounds exactly like what’s going on, thanks so much :) I’ve just changed to 3G only now so hope it helps!