Koodo Community
Question

Call Waiting & Conference calls

How does call waiting and conference calls work?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Call Waiting: Alerts customers, with an electronic tone, when a second call is coming in. Customers can put the first caller on hold to speak to the second caller. If the cellular user does not respond, the call continues to ring or forwards to voice mail.

Conference Calling: Allows a customer to talk to multiple parties simultaneously (local or long distance). The first call can be incoming or outgoing, but the subsequent, or conferenced, calls must be initiated by the cellular. Max of 3 people (including the caller).

Both of these use the add a call/hold features that appear on your screen once you are in a call.

Call Waiting: Alerts customers, with an electronic tone, when a second call is coming in. Customers can put the first caller on hold to speak to the second caller. If the cellular user does not respond, the call continues to ring or forwards to voice mail.

Conference Calling: Allows a customer to talk to multiple parties simultaneously (local or long distance). The first call can be incoming or outgoing, but the subsequent, or conferenced, calls must be initiated by the cellular. Max of 3 people (including the caller).

Both of these use the add a call/hold features that appear on your screen once you are in a call.

Thank you. I was aware of the tone letting me know that another call was incoming, but I wasn’t aware that I could put the first caller on hold. I will have to try both of features when I’m with a couple of friends so that we have enough different phone numbers.