Koodo Community
Question

Bad reception

• 15 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Since I switched to Koodo from Telus and everyone complains about the quality of the calls on the other end. I never had such an issue on Telus for 20 years. So if Koodo is on the exact same network, why is this huge difference? It’s been 2 years since I switched, and I started facing the issue day one and never gone away.

Is there some sort of a support that can troubleshoot this for me or should I just leave ?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried resetting your network settings in your phone?

If that does nothing I would visit a Koodo store and try a new SIM card and see if that fixes anything.

Hi Allan,

1. Yes, I did
  1. Thanks for your reply, but why would  the SIM card make  any difference? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Please clarify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for your reply, but why would  the SIM card make  any difference? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Please clarify.

The sim card is your connection to the network. Sometimes the sim card can be faulty and getting a replacement can fix any network issues you’re having.
Seeing that Koodo uses the same network as Telus and really the only thing that’s changed was you getting a Koodo sim, it leads me to believe that that may be an issue.