Koodo Community

Audio cutting out during calls

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Recently, I’ve been told that my audio cuts in and out whenever I make a call (I have an iPhone 7). As a result, there would be times at random where the recipient cannot hear my voice (however, I can hear their voice perfectly fine during the entire call).

My mother has been experiencing the same issue with her phone as well (iPhone 6 Plus). It seems like this audio cut-out happens whenever we call someone (outgoing call), but it doesn’t seem to happen for calls that we receive. We can still hear the other end perfectly fine in both cases. We have not tried calling each other yet -- all of these experiences are based off of the people my mother calls, and the people that I call.

We live under the same roof and same Koodo data plan w/ family members (if that makes any difference).

I’ve tried out the echo test number (+1 226 244 4444), and the test number that records and plays back my voice (+1 416 342 9562), but my voice plays back perfectly fine and uninterrupted (I verbally counted to 100 for both tests).

We’ve been using Koodo mobile service for years without much trouble, so I’m a little confused as to why this started happening to us at relatively the same time (aka, a few weeks ago). If you have any solutions / any ideas on why this is happening, please let me know. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does this happen regardless of where you are?

I’m having a similar issue. People are telling me that I am cutting in and out and they can barely hear me. Sometimes the call is dropped. I am calling from my bedroom facing a window, which is the usual place I usually make phone calls from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having a similar issue. People are telling me that I am cutting in and out and they can barely hear me. Sometimes the call is dropped. I am calling from my bedroom facing a window, which is the usual place I usually make phone calls from.

How was the signal reccept in your area at that time?  If your phone is compatible with WiFi calling, I recommend you turn it on.