Koodo Community
Solved

apn change messes up email to sms messages

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I am a programmer. I have an app that can only send email messages.  At work we use these messages to let the office know when an outside sale has been made.  I use the koodo email to SMS service to receive these confirmations. 

On October 11 I updated the apn settings as instructed by koodo.  Since that time I just get a square box that says "Download MMS".  However clicking it does nothing.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 3 November 2023, 05:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

MMS requires a cellular data connection to be sent/received, have you checked if your phone can received MMS normally and cellular data was on?

Cellular data is on.  But the messages are pure text and should be sent from koodo as SMS not MMS.  I can receive SMS messages from other users with no problems.

Incidentally, I have cleared the cache and rebooted the phone already with no change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try using the telus varient instead and see if that works for you? (It works for Koodo numbers as well).

xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com instead of xxxxxxxxxx@msg.koodomobile.com where the x’s are your phone number

Surprise!  Using the Telus service does work.  Thanks!

I should mention though, that using the Telus gateway is a work-around, not a real solution.  Something is wring with the koodo email-to-SMS gateway and should be fixed.