Koodo Community
Solved

Why did you close the self serve app?

• 26 May 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Terrible! Why???
The worst thing you ever did.. The app worked so well.
It was one of my favourite parts of Koodo. I am losing faith.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 26 May 2017, 19:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried the Koodo mobile site for self serve?  it works and looks the same
Userlevel 3
Have you tried the Koodo mobile site for self serve?  it works and looks the sameFor my needs the app was quicker... but see below.All good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because there's money invested in the app and Koodo has thought that it was useless since the website is designed for mobile
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always create a bookmark icon on your phone that will take you directly to the site in your default browser. Is there something that you're looking for that the mobile browser site is missing?
Userlevel 3
You can always create a bookmark icon on your phone that will take you directly to the site in yo...See below. Yes I have done the bookmark. All good TY

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Peter, here is how we got to the decision....it may not help how you feel about it, and I totally understand, but might provide some additional context:

1.  Certain category of apps’ use has been on the decline for the last 12-18 months...
2. Top apps on people's phones are rarely utility, telco or the likes.  That said banks have done a good job in Canada re  app functionality. However most people still gravitate towards messaging/social apps (whatsapp, facebook, instagram etc.)   
3. Despite several years of the Koodo app, no more people use it today than a few years ago. About 20-25% of our customers. 
4. Our website has been redesigned for "mobile first" - meaning no more painful "pinch and zoom" to see anything
5. The vast majority of the app users used it for one thing only; checking usage for data
6. Since the the introductions of notification for data use and the more recent shock-free-data plans meant no more real need to check usage
7. The app always had far less capability for a variety of functions vs. our website (no tab balance view. no ability to change plans) 
8. The app was costing us some significant dollars and investing more to have two ecosystems (app and the website) didn't make sense for the time being
9. As per the email we sent suggests and Goran pointed out as well, bookmarking takes just a couple of seconds and you will end up with a better experience than the app

Hope this helps to round out the picture.

Userlevel 3
Actually... that does help. I did use it mostly for data usage check, which is what I will use the mobile site for also, prob... and that takes a few more clicks to get to, but... I appreciate the explanation and see the reasoning... I can live with it. Case closed and thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Actually... that does help. I did use it mostly for data usage check, which is what I will use th...If you bookmark and have the icon on your phone it is the same or less clicks Peter. I have mine set at 'remember me' so I never have to put it username and password anymore either. :-)