Koodo Community
Solved

voicemail out of service?

• 7 December 2021
  • 12 replies

I cannot access my voicemail. When I call (the same number I have been calling for years) voicemail, I get the following message:

6UT1 not in service

HELP!  It was fine yesterday!

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 7 December 2021, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

I am in Nova Scotia and also have this issue today. Perhaps it's a system wide thing? I can not find a number to call and self serve questions don't seem to cover this. I am not impressed.  

Good luck stay safe!

I am also experiencing the same problem and the same message

6UT1 not in service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey everyone! Looks like this issue started this morning at 8:46 AM . The team is currently working on restoring voicemail services as quickly as possible.

For now, I’m told that turning LTE OFF and back ON should resolve the issue.

For more information or to subscribe to updates please visit: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

I’m told that turning LTE OFF and back ON should resolve the issue.

Now what the heck is LTE

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LTE is basically your phones data settings. With that said, I looked up the issue status and it seems like Voicemail services should be up and running again :) 

Chris Koodo. Not my phone. Service is still down. I powered it down and restarted. Same issue. Also I don't see a Setting to turn off then on again. Perhaps my phone is just older. My wifes phone is a newer Samsung and she did not loose her ability to connect at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@silentsamiam - please try turning your phone completely off and then back on. That should do the trick

Still nothing. Powered it completely off 3x as in my message above….no fix Here. Gallaxy 8 SM-A530W

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@silentsamiam - Unfortunately, I can’t see anything on your account that would prevent voicemail from working.

I recommend using Koodo Assist to schedule a callback. Just let our assistant know that you have an “issue with my voicemail”. Someone from technical support will be able to help troubleshoot. 

Ok...the tech help had Me access to my mailbox by dialing 1 then my mobile telephone number associated with the voicemail issue. I was then able to recall my voice messages. He said I would need to do that until it's fixed. Thanks for all assistance.

No voice mail here in Calgary all day ?  
Crap advice to turn the phone off and on ?? What ? Fix your system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend using Koodo Assist to schedule a callback. Just let our assistant know that you have an “issue with my voicemail”. Someone from technical support will be able to help troubleshoot. 

Have you tried Chris's recommendations?