Koodo Community
Question

Unable to send or recieve texts after switching to Koodo

• 11 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I just switched from Rogers to Koodo today. Left the kiosk thinking everything was good to go only to find out I cannot send or recieve text messages. I have done all the steps recommended and still not working. I can make and recieve phone calls and use other messaging apps. I also have not recieved any sort of welcoming email. I cannot register my account as I can get the code they text to set it up.

Help

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems the port wasn't completed. Did you got a help from a rep to do it or you did yourself in selfserve? Have you tried to check the statu of the port in your selfserve?

I got a rep at the telus/koodo store to do it. I can't set up my self-serve because I need the code they text to you to set it up and I am unable to recieve texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got a rep at the telus/koodo store to do it. I can't set up my self-serve because I need the code they text to you to set it up and I am unable to recieve texts.

You need Koodo selfserve activation email to create a selfserve account, there was no need for the text to your number. 

Well I received no email and when I follow the instructions on the paper the rep gave me to register for my self-serve it asks for the phone number to send the code to, to continue the process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, are you a prepaid customer? If you are a postpaid customer you should have received a lot of information to your email as of now. Anyway, i recommend you schedule a call back from Koodo with Koodo assist so a rep help you to finish the port. Www.koodo.com/chat

I am a prepaid customer. I did schedule a call back for tomorrow. I was just hoping I could fix it before then... 

Thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am a prepaid customer. I did schedule a call back for tomorrow. I was just hoping I could fix it before then... 

Thank you for your help

Porting issue would need a rep over the phone to validate and assist though. It is a customer security issue that they have to do that