Koodo Community
Question

Trying to register for self serve

• 13 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I want to switch from Telus to Koodo. I purchased a SIM card from a local store and went online to begin the process of porting my number from Telus to Koodo. I called Koodo, and the message told me the process of porting my number now began with Koodo Assist. In order to use Koodo Assist, I need to register for self serve. In order to register for self serve, I need a Koodo account number or phone number. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than paying $50 for the to activate in store?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I want to switch from Telus to Koodo. I purchased a SIM card from a local store and went online to begin the process of porting my number from Telus to Koodo. I called Koodo, and the message told me the process of porting my number now began with Koodo Assist. In order to use Koodo Assist, I need to register for self serve. In order to register for self serve, I need a Koodo account number or phone number. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than paying $50 for the to activate in store?

You can order it online, but they will send you a SIM card in the mail. To make the process quicker, you can use the SIM card you currently have and replace the one being sent to you once you have the details to register your Self-Serve account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can't just buy a sim card and activate (unless you are going prepaid).

You need to go through the process to sign up online if you want to avoid the $50 in store connection fee.