Koodo Community
Solved

Transferring over Multiple Lines from Another Provider

• 20 November 2023
  • 10 replies

I have a family member who wants to transfer 3 numbers over from Virgin to take advantage of the Black Friday promos. The three lines are all on one account on the Virgin end, and the family member would like them all to be managed by one account on the Koodo side as well.

How will this work? Will they need to set up one line and wait for that SIM to show up before adding the other two lines? Or will they be able to add the second two in the mean time?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 20 November 2023, 22:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How will this work? Will they need to set up one line and wait for that SIM to show up before adding the other two lines? Or will they be able to add the second two in the mean time?

Correct. Although they don’t need to wait necessarily for the sim card to show up, just for the self serve activation email to come through.
As soon as that is done, they can login and add the additional lines.

Correct. Although they don’t need to wait necessarily for the sim card to show up, just for the self serve activation email to come through.
As soon as that is done, they can login and add the additional lines.

That’s good to know. Any idea how long the self serve email generally takes to come through? Is it a pretty quick type thing, or a “somebody needs to manually review this and it could take a few days” type thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s good to know. Any idea how long the self serve email generally takes to come through? Is it a pretty quick type thing, or a “somebody needs to manually review this and it could take a few days” type thing?

Usually speaking its around the 2-3 day mark (you’re right, someone manually reviews each order).
With it being a busier time of the year as well though it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t expect it quickly but it’s possible it’s not overly delayed.

Usually speaking its around the 2-3 day mark (you’re right, someone manually reviews each order).
With it being a busier time of the year as well though it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t expect it quickly but it’s possible it’s not overly delayed.

Hmmm okay. Here’s another question. There are three lines. I’m guessing I only get credit for three referrals if each account gets its own phone number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes if your friend follows through on the refer a friend for each line, then you can get the refer a friend credit for each of those lines.

However, your friend may want to use your refer a friend for their primary line and then refer themselves for adding their own additional lines

https://buyapowa-embedded-koodo.herokuapp.com/common/rules

I have the same issue. They sent all the sim cards via mail. But they only send one activation email with the account num er and temporary number. And it's been a couple of days, hoping that they will still send the other activation emails. So far, none.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same issue. They sent all the sim cards via mail. But they only send one activation email with the account num er and temporary number. And it's been a couple of days, hoping that they will still send the other activation emails. So far, none.

How did you order? Did you wait for the first line to get active and then add the other lines like Allan said above?

Or did you order all 3 separately but used the same email?  Maybe start a new post and include this info in the post.

We order them at the same time. We did not wait for the first line to get active. We order them using one email too. The website was not very clear or do not have proper instruction if that is allowed or not. 

We received all the sims but was only able to activate one. We are still trying to get help from multiple rep, so far, no one knows what to do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is the HFO order number for both orders?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @DVV 

If you have questions in regards to your online orders, you can reach out to our webstore team directly. You can send an e-mail with the details of your inquiry, please include the order numbers as well. 

The webstore e-mail and other information can be found here: