Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer of ownership

• 7 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi there Koodo community,

I am trying to find some answers regarding doing a transfer of ownership to my daughter (as she is old enough now to handle her own bills). I understand that both the old and new account holder needs to be present. But for our situation, I am currently in Hong Kong and due to the pandemic +work reasons I am not able to fly over to Canada and do the transfer of ownership. Just wanting to know if we could perhaps do a 3 way call with the koodo rep and proceed with the transfer of ownership?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dennis 14 November 2021, 07:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea that is not a problem. Do you have a north american number that they can reach you at?

As well, to point out just in case, your daughter needs to be either 18 or 19 (depending on the province) to have her own account.

Hi Allan,

Thank you for answering my question, my daughter is 22 this year, and as for north american number are you referring to myself individually? if so, unfortunately I do not have an north amercian number however I can do a long distance call. 

I also had a additional question, my daughter expressed that she might want to change to fido one day. If that is the case, should we still do the transfer of ownership? or do the transfer of ownership once we transfer to fido?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Allan,

Thank you for answering my question, my daughter is 22 this year, and as for north american number are you referring to myself individually? if so, unfortunately I do not have an north amercian number however I can do a long distance call. 

I also had a additional question, my daughter expressed that she might want to change to fido one day. If that is the case, should we still do the transfer of ownership? or do the transfer of ownership once we transfer to fido?

Perfect, and yea, Koodo can only call North American numbers so that wouldn't wouldn't any good.

If she is going to change to Fido soon I would just hold off. There is a $45 fee for a transfer of ownership so if she's gonna switch soon I'd save the money and just leave it until she does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would get her to sign up for Fido. 

Then when she is home, she can port the Koodo number over to her Fido account.

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/bring-your-number

She will just need your koodo account info which you can provide her. Plus she can respond to the porting confirmation text koodo will send her

How do I transfer ownership from a friend 2 my name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Get both of you to reach out to customer service and ask them to do the transfer. They'll want to speak to your friend first to verify the transfer, then you to create the new account under your name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can follow the instructions here 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/transfer-of-ownership-town