Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer number - when can I know i can change the sim to Koodo

• 19 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I transfer my number from another provider to Koodo and got the text message asking for verification. I responded right away however I am wondering when can I change the sim card on my phone because after that text message there is no notification that its safe to change the sim.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 19 July 2021, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

I transfer my number from another provider to Koodo and got the text message asking for verification. I responded right away however I am wondering when can I change the sim card on my phone because after that text message there is no notification that its safe to change the sim.

Once you responded to the text message, you could immediately insert your Koodo SIM card. Did you lose your service on your old SIM card after you replied to the text message? It is an indicator that your number has already been ported out. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

I changed the sim card already…. cause on the self serve the number reflects as my  transfered number so I thought it was okay. However I asked a friend to call me and the it was straight to voicemail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I changed the sim card already…. cause on the self serve the number reflects as my  transfered number so I thought it was okay. However I asked a friend to call me and the it was straight to voicemail. 

Did you restart your phone after switching your SIM card? 

Yes i did. Tried to call someone and it goes through. I think its working now. Thank you. So for my other provider Koodo will take care of it for cancelling right? 

Yes i did. Tried to call someone and it goes through. I think its working now. Thank you. So for my other provider Koodo will take care of it for cancelling right? 

-cause i dont want to get two bills at the end of the month lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you ported in your number to Koodo, your service has already been cancelled with your previous carrier. There is nothing else you need to do. A bill from your previous carrier will be sent to you for the days you used their services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So for my other provider Koodo will take care of it for cancelling right? 

Yes, once your number is ported, your old account will be automatically closed.

Edit: ugh, cross posting, as usual… what MilkyWay said.

When you ported in your number to Koodo, your service has already been cancelled with your previous carrier. There is nothing else you need to do. A bill from your previous carrier will be sent to you for the days you used their services.

Alright! Thank you a lot for your help! :)

So for my other provider Koodo will take care of it for cancelling right? 

Yes, once your number is ported, your old account will be automatically closed.

Edit: ugh, cross posting, as usual… what MilkyWay said.

Thanks to you as well! :)