Koodo Community
Solved

Top up not working

I selected a 100 mb top up for one of the users on my account. He received a notification that he had used up all of it within a day or so. We selected another top up of 1GB. I received two emails - one saying the 1GB  top up was added, and then another email immediately after saying the 1 GB was removed (huh?). He then received a text saying he was at 50% of his 100 mb top up. Was there a second 100 mb top up added? This is not what we selected. 

I can’t tell what’s going on by looking at our usage and billing in self serve. I don’t see the top up amounts anywhere in our billing. On the usage page, it says he’s at .2 GB over his max, so I’m assuming that means he had two 100 mb top ups added? That is not what we added (as is evidenced by the emails I received saying I had picked 1GB).

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 19 June 2023, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you are a postpaid customer?

It is confusing from your description. So technically you top up data twice, 100mb and 1gb?.

Can you log into selfserve and check data usage to see how much you got there. As well, which date is your billing date? monthly top up expires on that date and renew on the next billing cycle.

I am a postpaid customer, yes. 

When I check the data usage it says 14.4 / 14.2 Gb have been used, which assumedly means two 100mb top ups were purchased. I only purchased one 100mb top up, and then a 1 Gb top up. I received an email confirmation for the 1 Gb top up but it was clearly not added to my account. We’ve since received notification that we have used up 100% of the “100 mb” top up we didn’t buy.

The billing cycle ends on June 24 so this is definitely still within the same cycle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am a postpaid customer, yes. 

When I check the data usage it says 14.4 / 14.2 Gb have been used, which assumedly means two 100mb top ups were purchased. I only purchased one 100mb top up, and then a 1 Gb top up. I received an email confirmation for the 1 Gb top up but it was clearly not added to my account. We’ve since received notification that we have used up 100% of the “100 mb” top up we didn’t buy.

The billing cycle ends on June 24 so this is definitely still within the same cycle.

Let me flag a rep to look into this for you.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could one of the users on your account happen to accidentally remove the 1GB add-on after it was added?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Cass393 

The account was verified and found that the top-up feature for 1Gb was added through self serve and removed in the same day and the same method, Self Serve. 

Because the feature was added and removed in a very short time and the data was not used, the system did not charge that top-up feature. 

In regards to the Pay per use data usage, we verified and there was 2 automatic blocks issued, as per SFD, and also requests to unblock were selected in the Self serve and consists in 2 instances were consent to unblock was selected. The charges are valid. 

If you require additional data, you can add the top-up once.  I would also recommend checking available rate plans, and making a change to a higher data plan. This way, you will also benefit from a prorated data amount which you can use until the billing cycle end. Details on proration here.

Hello Darius,

I’m confused because there was no option to “remove” the 1 Gb top up, so I’m not sure how it was removed.  How does this removal happen on the mobile site?

Also, when you say the unblock option was selected, I’m not sure what you mean by this. When we received the text saying all data was used, we clicked the link in the text to top up, and that brought us to a screen where we could pick 100mb, 500mb, or 1GB top up. I selected 100mb the first time, and 1GB the second time. I consented to one 100mb top up and one 1GB top up, but I never consented to a second 100mb top up. I didn’t receive an email saying that a second 100mb was added, but I did receive an email for the first 100mb top up, and the 1GB top up/removal. We only found out about the second 100mb top up once 50% of it had been used up. This second 100mb top up seems like a glitch considering the above. I never selected it a second time because we had already added it once and it ran out within a day or so.

We now have an additional $13 top up fee that we didn’t opt in for, and need to purchase additional data because the 1GB selection was somehow removed. It doesn’t seem right that we should be paying $13 for a second 100mb top up that we did not consent to.

Is there someone I can speak to over the phone? It would maybe be simpler to sort out.

Thank you,

Cassandra

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can use the Koodo automated assistant to schedule a callback, though the rep here already confirmed the charges were legit, so I doubt anything can be done. Alternatively you could wait and see if Darius is willing to elaborate further, perhaps in a PM, but that is up to him of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In regards to the “the unblock option was selected” I was referring to the request or action to unblock the data usage after it was blocked by SFD. 

From what I can see, the mobile data was blocked and a first unblock request was issued, it lead to the 1’st 13/100 mb fee. After this was used, I can see 2 new SMS replies to unblock and 2 notifications in regards to the Self Serve, 1 to add and one to remove the 1Gb add-on.  

The data add-on 1Gb was added and this action unblocked the data usage, in order for the feature to be used. Because the feature dropped right away, the data was left un-paused and I can see that the next notification received was in regards to the 50% from the 2’nd 100 Mb. This seems to be the result of multiple requests in a short time, via SMS and Self Serve action, to unblock and add data. 

We also sent you a private message as we require additional information. 

Ok, I will reply to that message.

Thank you for your time and help!