Koodo Community

Switch my koodo service to a new phone

• 22 December 2021
  • 8 replies

I am a Koodo customer. I just bought a new iPhone and need to get a QR code to switch my service to this new phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you aware that you can just insert your old SIM card into your new iPhone? If you really want/need an eSIM, you need to purchase one at a Koodo store. Here is more information: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/esim-and-esim-vouchers

I just received my IPHONE XR CPO, with SIM card that was supposed to be activated, but I can’t send or receive texts or calls! Why am I having this issue? BTW I can access the internet with wifi, but not with my cell data! 

Just got my IPHONE XR CPO with SIM card that was supposed to be activate, but I can’t send or receive texts or calls! Why I am having this issue? BTW I can access the internet with wifi, but not using the phones data! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Charlie Blinn 

The sim card replacement that comes with device upgrade, is not active, to ensure you can use the services with old sim card.

Once you receive the new phone with the new sim card, you can either use the old sim card with the new phone, or perform a sim swap in self serve: https://koo.do/InfoSIM 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just received my IPHONE XR CPO, with SIM card that was supposed to be activated, but I can’t send or receive texts or calls! Why am I having this issue? BTW I can access the internet with wifi, but not with my cell data! 

You should first try removing your existing SIM card from your old device and insert it into your iPhone XR.

Thanks for the replies! It’s been fixed, the card was not activated! Jennifer helped me fix it during her Christmas eve celebrations! She was a great help, thanks again Jennifer from tech service!

I was using iPhone 11 Pro with Koodo e sim and I have recently bought iPhone 13 pro. How can I use the same e sim in my new iPhone? 
please note that I’m out of the country for about a month.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was using iPhone 11 Pro with Koodo e sim and I have recently bought iPhone 13 pro. How can I use the same e sim in my new iPhone? 
please note that I’m out of the country for about a month.

Thanks

You have to purchase a new e-sim at a Koodo store as they’re non-transferable. If you have a friend or family member who can purchase and then send a picture of the e-sim that could work since you’re outside of the country.