Koodo Community
Solved

Stolen phone and no way to activate new SIM

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Incredible waste of time. trying to get my new SIM card operational after my phone was stolen.  Unable to get verification code to register new SIM.  Koodo won’t allow me to get it by email due to email account not being active 48 hours?  (I’ve had the email years).  So choosing the “text” option, nothing arrives.  There is no way to resolve this at the kiosk level either as the agent said it had to be done from home.  And as we all know, Koodo agents are few and far behind and no way to get a call back either (as you have to use a mobile phone, which I currently don’t have as the phone was stolen!   No land line or email option is available. Who invents this maze of run around?  It’s clearly intentional because you are locked into a contract and they don’t give a rip. 

I’m so pissed off I want to just kick Koodo to the curb and get a company that actually has customer service personnel rather than the maze of going nowhere.  What am I paying for anyway?! 

I’ve done everything, reactivating phone asks for. Even reported the phone lost then found and then reactivated.  All to no avail.  Can’t get past the receipt of the text as I simply don’t receive anything on my new SIM.  (And the old SIM I don’t have as that is in the old phone I no longer have).  I checked for airplane mode (it’s not on).  Simply nothing. 

Can someone from Koodo please email me here and tell me when I can speak with a live human? I want a month free after this.  It’s a real pain in the a*#!!!  Now I have to go back to the mall in the time I don’t have (with work and family obligations) and force the issue with the poor clerk because Koodo has made it impossible(!) for me to reach you by phone (unless you just happen to have two mobile phone numbers, which I do not).   

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 November 2021, 16:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It was strange to hear about the 48 hours email activation. Did you change your email recently? 

Anyway, you could alternatively contact Koodo via Facebook or Twitter messaging (links at the bottom of the forum page). I will aslo flag a rep here. 

Thanks, Dinh.  No, did not change my email recently at all.  And I don’t use FB or TWTR.  The flagging of the rep is music to my ears, though.  How can you do that?  I have found it impossible to reach a live human.  Seems they do this intentionally (save them on labour costs).  Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks, Dinh.  No, did not change my email recently at all.  And I don’t use FB or TWTR.  The flagging of the rep is music to my ears, though.  How can you do that?  I have found it impossible to reach a live human.  Seems they do this intentionally (save them on labour costs).  Cheers.

As I mentioned earlier, I already did. They will contact you via this forum. If you insist on calling, you can schedule a call back to another Canadian number that you have access to.

Hello @Koodo agents AWOL! Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us, we’ll definitely do our best to assist you. We’ve just left a message for you in private.