Koodo Community
Solved

Someone else using phone number?

• 30 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I got two text messages from a Koodo number the other day giving me the number of a PIN. I wasn’t sure about it and thought it was just a scam so I ignored it. But that same day I got an email from Koodo asking to rate my recent customer service experience, even though I never contacted anybody. I was wondering if this could all just be a mistake/scam, or could somebody else actually be using my phone number? I went on my account and double-checked my bills and whatnot and everything looks normal to me. Is it something I should worry about or just ignore?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 30 September 2021, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you received the pin and your self serve looks ok I don't think you need to worry much. 

But let me flag this to a rep just in case 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi  @ssbyshii 

We have sent you a PM, feel free to check it out when you get the chance! 

Someone called me to say that someone is using my Koodo number to make spam calls.  What can I do?  Can they use my number to make expensive long distance calls?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Someone called me to say that someone is using my Koodo number to make spam calls.  What can I do?  Can they use my number to make expensive long distance calls?

Spammers spoof numbers. There is nothing you can do except wait until they move on to the next number. 

Since they are only spoofing your number on the caller ID you don't need to worry about any charges