Skip to main content
Question

SIM registration API error-message in self-serve "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I lost my phone and got a new SIM from Telus, but when i try to register in Self Serve, I get an error message:  “Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.”

I tried to schedule a call back, but there’s no place to provide an alternate phone number.

No clue what i’m supposed to do.  Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so did you already have a self serve account before when you had lost your phone? As you won’t have to make a new one you can just change the sim through the self serve you already had. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

I did have a pre-existing self serve account.

When I said I tried “to register in Self Serve” i meant, register the new SIM.

I can get through the whole process of switching the sim right up until I’m asked to enter the verification code… once I enter it and press enter, I get the error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

oh ok now I getcha 😅 In that case I am not entirely sure if reps on here have the ability to do the sim swap for you but they may be able to fix your self serve error. Alternatively though, are you not able to go into the Telus store again and have them change the sim for you? As a store rep is able to do this.

Has anyone used the “Change your SIM card” function recently?  Is it just me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @FederalAuditor 

If you are unable to schedule a callback, please send us a private message on Facebook or X and a team member will look into it for you. You can find links on the bottom of the page. :) 

For anyone searching, I got it figured out.  The SIM card I received was a Telus SIM and not Koodo branded.  I went back and swapped SIMs to the correct one and registration worked fine.