Koodo Community
Question

Short code sms

• 5 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,

Most customers on facebook and any meta sites experinced a wide outage of the apps. I have been unable to log into anything since 9AM EST. That being said, I  have requested multipe codes to reset accounts to log back in,knowing my password and such. Does anyone else not receive  short code SMS  to their phones or is this just an isolated incident on my part?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Twatton 

Are you having issues also with receiving regular text messages or it’s just the short codes that you do not receive messages from?

It’s just the short codes that I do not receive or I receive them days after

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Meta outage should be resolved by now.  Are you having issues with Meta short codes or any short codes?  Do you have examples of which short codes are going you issues?  Are there any that work properly

It is as far as I’m aware. A close friend of mine is experiencing the same issue. It’s just with Meta short codes. This happened a few weeks ago as well and I was still getting nothing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it is just happening with meta short codes, it sounds like it is a Meta issue.

Are you sure the Meta short code is going to the correct phone number?  COuld it be going to an alternate or old phone number?

That’s what I’m beginning to think the issue is since it’s just a meta issue. It’s going to the correct number but I’m just not receiving it at all. Well, at least I know it’s probably not a service provider issue