Koodo Community
Question

problems accessing billing info

• 21 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Whenever I try to access my billing details, it returns the error: 500 internal server error 

it returns this error on all platforms: MacBook, iPad and iPhone 

all other functions on the account work. 
is there a problem with the Koodo site, or is it something else?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@brian-n THere are no other user reported incidents in the last few days.  Can you pls post a screenshot trying to access this page from your laptop? Pls include the domain bar and its details maybe we can learn more that would help narrow down what maybe is going on. 

Thanks Bernard. Following are 2 screenshots taken using the MacBook. First is just having logged in to my account and then clicking self serve. The second is the error message after clicking on Your Bill Details. I’ve tried to capture the domain bar details, but the entire string is too long to display in entirety. Sorry for the favorites screen - it displays when the domain bar is clicked  

Also, for some reason I can’t log into this chat on the MacBook - says user name/password are incorrect. To log into the iPad I just used my account details, which is what I used on the MacBook - but it didn’t work. Is there a reason for this? So I’ve posted from my iPad (screenshots are still from MacBook). 

Hello again Bernard. Somewhat randomly and I don’t know how - the billing screen appeared on my iPad  (1st screenshot). When I clicked on View PDF, the error message in the 2nd screenshot appeared. Then I did clicked  go-back to the billing screeen and clicked Download PDF Bills, and it showed that there were 0 bills to display (3rd screenshot).
Afterward, when I tried logging in and clicking on your bill details the same screens appear, per the earlier screenshots. 
Thanks, Brian. 

i'm having the same issue here, same error 500 message when i try to access the billing page. I'm also unable to pay my current bill as well, which i suspect is part of the same problem. 

Is anyone from Koodo looking into this, please?

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is anyone from Koodo looking into this, please?

Thank you. 

Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies on the browser?

For me, I was using Self Serve on my browser, and saved the page as an app on my phone. I deleted the saved page and "reinstalled" it, and after that I was able to pay my bills again, so far with no more issues. Hopefully that helps

To Milky Way, yes I’ve cleared and cookies.
In self serve  > billing > view pdf I get “something went wrong”

in self serve > billing > bills > download pdf bills , I get “download past bills (last 0 months)”

The issue is resolved, by happenstance. 

I received the text notification of my bill. I used the login link in the text, logged in, and was able to access the billing info that I was previously denied as noted above. This worked on all platforms MacBook, iPad and iPhone. 

I then tried to log in using a previously saved bookmark, which took me to exactly the same login screen as did the text. However, I encountered the errors with the billing info as noted previously. I posited that something was corrupted in the bookmark. I deleted the bookmark. Then, I logged in via the text link and bookmarked that screen. It now works.