Koodo Community
Question

Problem accessing/Setting-Up Voicemail

• 15 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I just got a new phone today (Motorola Moto G) and switched from Telus to Koodo, and I am now  trying to set-up/access my voicemail. After dialling into the voicemail (either with the voicemail speed dial or calling my own number) and then choosing the language, I am then asked to enter my mailbox number. I’ve tried entering my own number here when prompted, but it only sends me back to the start again where I am asked to choose my language and then again to enter the mailbox number. At no point am I prompted to enter a pin or to set-up a pin. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

MC

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Heya @MC333 - If you are prompted to enter a mailbox number even when dialing from your own phone, that means the voicemail server doesn’t have an account for you.

Maybe you just need a little more time since you ported the number over, but its possible something didn’t complete properly with the switch from Telus to Koodo, since technically they both (and Public Mobile) share the same voicemail servers.

One last thing you could try just to confirm that your mailbox doesn’t exist as far as the voicemail system is concerned is to call any one of the direct numbers across Canada from a landline or other non-Telus Mobility/Koodo/Public Mobile phone:

https://community.koodomobile.com/articles-by-koodo-232899/voicemail-access-numbers-7804676

When prompted to enter a mailbox number, compare the result of entering a number that is defintiely invalid (ie 6040000000) vs entering your own number. See if they return the same error.

If they both return a “mailbox not found” type of response, I think you will have to get in touch with customer service to possibly reset your voicemail account.