Koodo Community
Question

Move over from Telus

• 22 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello

I have a family plan at telus, but would like to move to Kodoo.  What is the best way to do this?  Purchase a 4 separate SIMS (accounts) or create one account with 4 SIMS?

Thanks, 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depends. Do you want to be paying all 4 accounts under 1 bill or you want 4 different bills? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also will the other lines likely need to be separated anytime soon?

A transfer of ownership costs $50

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

OK, that is helpful.

If I got the separate SIM card, can I buy sims in the name of each person (ie wife, kids, etc) and use my credit card?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That depends. Using your credit card is not the problem, but the account holder will be the one who shows their ID and sets up the account.

If they are the age of majority, each of them will need to pass a credit check and show ID if you want the account under their own name… because if you are the one who sets up all those lines, they will all be under your name.

Edit: that is assuming you are talking about postpaid plans. Prepaid plans can be under anyone’s name and don’t need a credit check.

But for myself I don’t want an account, work will cover it.

How do I go about setting up 4 accounts under my name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to put all of your accounts under one name, you are better off going to your nearest Koodo store to get that sorted out. Note there is a $50 connection fee for each line that is activated in-store. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You likely won't be able to set up 4 account under your name. It will trigger a fraud response which will be more of a headache if they freeze your accounts and lines while they investigate