Koodo Community
Solved

Mobile data stopped working

• 14 March 2024
  • 6 replies

My data stopped working suddenly today around 6:30pm while I was using it. The Koodo chatbot had me create a new APN. It was exactly the same as the one in the link below, except the MMSC didn’t have “koodo/” in it. That one didn’t work. I then looked up help on the website. I now have a new one with the exact settings specified below (same as the APN settings I’d been using successfully for so many months until today).

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=undefined

After several restarts, including removing and reinserting my SIM my once, I still have no data. I have tried all three APN’s - my original one, the Koodo chatbot one, and the one per the link above, and none work.

For all of them, the following fields are all “Not set”: Proxy; Port; Username; Password; Server. Do any of these fields need a value as well?

My bills are all paid up, and I’m at 2.6 / 20 GB in my data usage, on my $39/mo for 20 GB plan. Any ideas why would the data just stop like that?

icon

Best answer by DanQuixote 14 March 2024, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? If possible, can you post a snapshot of your current APN here? Hide all personal detai before posting please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When your data stopped didn't your talk and text still work? 

Did you reset your network settings? 

Dennis, I lost my data connection but not my phone/text. By “reset your network connections” do you mean create a new APN according to the Koodo instructions on the link I posted, then yes, I did.

Dinh, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Here are my original APN settings, which I believe match the ones in the Koodo link I posted:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to set your APN type to: Default,supl,mms

Are you able to set your APN type to: Default,supl,mms

Thanks for responding as well, Allan. No, as shown below the best I can do is follow the guidance in that Koodo link when those options aren't listed and choose “Internet + MMS”

Oh, my goodness - such a simple fix! Thankfully Koodo called me back this morning at the time booked by the chatbot, and one of the first questions the nice lady asked me solved it. In Android settings, Connections, Data Usage, there is a switch for “Mobile Data”; mine was in the off position - that was it - turning it on solved the problem. I didn't even know such a switch existed. How did I turn it off yesterday? I noticed there is a shortcut button “Mobile Data” in the quick panel when you swipe down from the top of the screen. I have now moved that button to the second page so it's less likely I'll accidentally press it when I swipe down. Thank you everyone for your responses! Hopefully this helps someone else as well...