Koodo Community
Question

Lost phone, got new one and new SIM, SIM card won't connect

• 1 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I lost my phone in the US about a week ago. I suspended the account and never found the phone. I bought a new phone through Koodo and it arrived today.

I re-activated my phone and changed the SIM number, and while it shows as being the SIM card for my account, i cannot get any connectivity on my phone - emergency calls only, it says. I took the SIM out and back in, but same thing. Did I go wrong somewhere?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As of now, I assumed your account was out of suspension? When you changed your SIM card, did you receive a confirmation email from Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I lost my phone in the US about a week ago. I suspended the account and never found the phone. I bought a new phone through Koodo and it arrived today.

I re-activated my phone and changed the SIM number, and while it shows as being the SIM card for my account, i cannot get any connectivity on my phone - emergency calls only, it says. I took the SIM out and back in, but same thing. Did I go wrong somewhere?

Did you try restarting your phone after putting in the SIM card? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Fifiqueenofmars  

We have checked your account and the 2-factor SIM swap was completed in self-serve. Old SIM ending in *********385452. New *************873924. Please check if the SIM matches, we have also refreshed the switch just to be on the safe side. 

Please restart your device and let us know if everything is working for you.

Cheers, :)