Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Is Messaging Me In French

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m a Koodo prepaid customer. Ever since I signed up, Koodo’s automatic text messages to me are sent in French, and only in French. My voicemail also defaults to French, and I have to manually change it back to English sometimes if it gets reset.

The Koodo website is in English, and emails from Koodo are in English. I can’t find any setting where French is specified, or any help article about the default language for text messages. I suspect something might be wrong on Koodo’s side, but I don’t know how to check. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone know how to fix it?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m a Koodo prepaid customer. Ever since I signed up, Koodo’s automatic text messages to me are sent in French, and only in French. My voicemail also defaults to French, and I have to manually change it back to English sometimes if it gets reset.

The Koodo website is in English, and emails from Koodo are in English. I can’t find any setting where French is specified, or any help article about the default language for text messages. I suspect something might be wrong on Koodo’s side, but I don’t know how to check. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Let me flag a rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @textsinfrenchforsomereason 

Support for prepaid accounts is very limited on community when it comes to accounts specifics; we have sent you a PM so we can try and further assist, please check the inbox section under your community profile.

Got it - thank you!