Koodo Community
Question

Just got back home - Network data not working

• 12 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Two weeks ago, I returned to Canada after being abroad for 4 months. During this time, I used prepaid SIM cards for mobile service on my iPhone 13. 

After getting home, I put in the original Koodo SIM card, and it half-works. Normal texting and calling work fine.  Even stranger,  the top of my phone interface still reads ‘Koodo - LTE/3G’ with the bar reliably showing weaker/stronger connections depending on my location. Visually, nothing would imply that I wouldn’t be getting service. Yet whenever I switch off Wifi or try to use data outside, nothing connects. Search engines like Google, social media apps, everything: nothing works. 

I’ve looked through my settings a dozen times and it all seems to be in order. It recognises Koodo as my carrier, I’ve got roaming data turned on, and my APN settings seem to be filled in as suggested (just the APN at sp.koodo.com, user/password fields blank). I even reset my phone’s network settings to no avail. 

I’m lost on how to remedy the issue, since there’s no clear indicator into what’s actually wrong. 

Hope this is posted on the right forum, by the way. Wasn’t sure which one fits best. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was your phone purchased abroad? Looks like it may by incompatible with some of Koodo’s network frequencies 

Was your phone purchased abroad? Looks like it may by incompatible with some of Koodo’s network frequencies 

Sorry, I should have specified this as well. I bought the phone in Canada last year, in June of 2022. It worked without issue from then all the way up until this April, when I left the country and swapped out the SIM cards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you go to your settings>cellular>cellular data

Are you selecting your Koodo number for data?