Koodo Community
Solved

iphone 12 on 3G network

• 21 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Just purchased my phone and it is showing 3G network.  It’s supposed to be 5g. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 21 December 2021, 20:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo sells 5G capable phones but does not have a 5G network. I find the LTE network to be fast enough for years to come personally. As for why it says 3G, did you confirm in network settings thst it's set to connect to all network types? Is data enabled? Does anyone else in your area show as 3G?

Thanks for the reply.  I’m the only one whose phone is showing 3G.  Actually jumping from LTE to 3G.  Data is enabled and I believe it’s connected to all network types.  Showed LTE and 3G only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Check the map coverage to see if you’re in a LTE area. 

I am in an LTE area.  I’ve had no issues with my Androids.  I just switched to iPhone yesterday.  I’m sure (or hoping) this is no big deal but would like to get it resolved.  I finally was able to set up a callback from support.  Fingers crossed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am in an LTE area.  I’ve had no issues with my Androids.  I just switched to iPhone yesterday.  I’m sure (or hoping) this is no big deal but would like to get it resolved.  I finally was able to set up a callback from support.  Fingers crossed 

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Powering an iPhone off and on sometimes resolves network glitches.

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Powering an iPhone off and on sometimes resolves network glitches.

Yes I have.  That was the first thing the rep at the store had me do

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another option is to reset your iPhone’s network settings. You can wait for the tech if it’s easier to follow instructions by phone, or use this guide for reference.  

To reset your iPhone’s network settings; turn iCloud Keychain off by going to Settings and tap your Apple ID (where your name, Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchase appear). Tap iCloud, then look for and tap on Keychain, toggle iCloud Keychain off.

Turning off iCloud Keychain preserves Wi-Fi passwords, Safari usernames, passwords and credit card info.

Next, go to Settings > General - scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone. Tap Reset, then select Reset Network Settings - enter your passcode and wait for your iPhone to reboot). Remember to turn iCloud Keychain back on when your iPhone has rebooted. 

This procedure restores cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to their factory default values and does not erase anything from your phone. You may have to re-pair Bluetooth devices (if applicable) and VPN settings will have to be reconfigured (if applicable). Verify that your iPhone stays on LTE.

Another option is to reset your iPhone’s network settings. You can wait for the tech if it’s easier to follow instructions by phone, or use this guide for reference.  

To reset your iPhone’s network settings; turn iCloud Keychain off by going to Settings and tap your Apple ID (where your name, Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchase appear). Tap iCloud, then look for and tap on Keychain, toggle iCloud Keychain off.

Turning off iCloud Keychain preserves Wi-Fi passwords, Safari usernames, passwords and credit card info.

Next, go to Settings > General - scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone. Tap Reset, then select Reset Network Settings - enter your passcode and wait for your iPhone to reboot). Remember to turn iCloud Keychain back on when your iPhone has rebooted. 

This procedure restores cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to their factory default values and does not erase anything from your phone. You may have to re-pair Bluetooth devices (if applicable) and VPN settings will have to be reconfigured (if applicable). Verify that your iPhone stays on LTE.

THANK YOU so much!!! It worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

THANK YOU so much!!! It worked!

That’s awesome and you’re welcome!!!