Koodo Community
Question

How to activate three accounts with only one koodo mobile number

• 1 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am a Koodo newbie in the process of changing over three cell phones from Bell.

I created three orders on Nov 22 using a single email address. All three orders have been shipped and I have now received the three SIM cards.

I have received an Activation Confirmation email with my account and new Koodo phone number. I used this to set up my Self-Serve registration. This worked, but I can only see one of the three accounts.

I have requested Koodo (through speaking to a Rep) to link my three accounts under the same sign-on, and I think this was done, however when signing in I only see the particulars for the original account.

I have the order numbers and the account numbers for all three accounts, but I can only log in using the email and password for the single account (the same email address was used for all three).

The problem is:

1. Which of the three SIM cards belong to which account (there is nothing in the mail package to tell me). Does it matter? I would think so.
  2. If I follow the self-serve number transfer procedure it would appear that I can only select one of my existing numbers using the single e-mail/password login. That login always takes me to just one of the three accounts.

I have repeatedly tried to get a callback from a rep (they had told me to call once I have the SIMs) but after a few days this seems hopeless.  I want to get off Bell before my next billing cycle and I want to move all three lines at the same time.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easiest way would be to put each sim card into a phone and then make a call to someone and see what number comes up.
As for the login, I can request a rep to link these for you again if you’d like?

Thank you Allan M for your prompt reply.

Does putting in the Koodo SIM card in my phone and making a test call affect my subsequent ability to port my existing Bell number to the phone(s), following the instructions on the Koodo self serve site?  The site says to start the port request using my existing Bell SIM card, and confirm the transfer with Bell when they text me. After this is done, the Koodo procedure says to insert the Koodo SIM and wait for the porting to complete. It is critical that I keep my three existing phone numbers.  Thanks.

When I last spoke to a rep he told me that Koodo needs to link my three accounts. His voice message said they need to send me an identification code (yes he said identification code) when I have the three SIM cards.  I now have the three SIM cards as I have stated previously. That callback from Koodo was on November 28th.  I have not received anything yet.

I am very concerned that things get done properly to make sure I get off on the right foot with Koodo. I would greatly appreciate it if you could, as you suggested, get a rep to make sure the accounts are linked and let me know how to proceed to porting and activation.

I really appreciate your help.

Ross Kringle

Half a month has gone by and I seem to be getting nowhere.  I am now being charged for my three Bell phones as well as my three new Koodo accounts and I haven’t even put in the SIM cards yet.  A rep was helping me on Sunday but we ran out of time and she said I would get a call-back from the team on Monday, but that never happened.  Three days have gone by and I am nowhere closer to getting onto Koodo.

Back to waiting on “praying” for a callback from a rep….but getting on chat is always busy.

Is there any thing I can do to get over this bottleneck and get on with my supposed “savings”????

Does Koodo even look at these posts?

Well I am finally switched over from Ma Bell, thanks to a very helpful Koodo Rep.  She took charge of the problem and walked me through the steps required to set up my accounts properly and port over the three numbers from Bell. All three lines are working fine now.

It would seem that the big lesson learned here is to NOT put multiple online orders under the same email when using the self serve at Koodo. Nowhere was any warning given.  In fact you must order one plan per email. The system did not prevent me from ordering multiple plans under one email, and sim cards were sent out, but there was no way to self serve either of the second or third plans. There was no way to activate and port the numbers after this confusion in the system.

Moral of this story is one plan per email address!!!!!   Save yourself a lot of grief.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

This can be closed now.