HOW DO I CHANGE MY CALLER ID?

• 28 November 2022
  • 7 replies

HOW DO I CHANGE MY CALLER ID?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The caller ID is set to whatever the account name is.
It can only be changed if the whole account name is changed.

oh okay thanks!

The thing is, I don’t want people to see what my full name is whenever I call them. It’s a privacy issue. Is there anyway to just keep it as my number or no caller ID?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea, if you remove the “Outbound Calling Name Display” add-on from your account then it will just show your phone number when you dial someone.

So on my add-on page, it says I can add the outbound calling feature, but I already have that feature which is why I want to remove it. It doesn’t give me the option to remove it, only to add it, which is weird because I already have it. See the picture below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’ll want to login, click “manage plan and add-ons”, then click “manage add-ons”, then click the x to the left of the add-on you want to remove.

You’ll want to login, click “manage plan and add-ons”, then click “manage add-ons”, then click the x to the left of the add-on you want to remove.

THANKS!

So what is “Call display restrict”?  I understand this restricts your number and name from being displayed on someone else’s phone. But is this a feature I can turn on and off whenever I want based on who I’m calling, or is it always on and literally every single person I call will not be able to see my name/number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s a complete block, not meant as something to be turned on/off every call