Koodo Community
Solved

Help with activating eSIM quickly

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I recently moved to Public Mobile and the eSIM activation was seamless, only took a few minutes. But I’m leaving for Europe tomorrow and I realized that Public Mobile does not do Data Roaming in Europe. So I registered with Koodo thinking I could also activate the eSIM directly.

However, they say they are going to ship me the physical card in 5 days? I won’t be there to receive it, and I also won’t be able to receive text confirmation messages to transfer the old number since Public Mobile doesn’t support receiving messages abroad…

Is there any way someone can help me activate my eSIM card directly and quickly?

I’ve tried using the self-serve, as I understood this was how to activate the eSIM. However, it does not let me log in without a Koodo phone number, and I wasn’t allowed to transfer my old number yet, and also didn’t received a new number… I’m lost as to what to do here… please help

icon

Best answer by Chrome2277 10 December 2023, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chrome2277 

When did you sign up for Koodo services?

Did you get an order number? It may usually take 1-2 days for the order to be reviewed and approved by the Webstore team.

I signed up for Koodo services just before my post, so November 29. I did get an order number. Since it takes 1-2 days for the order to be reviewed and approved by the Webstore team, that was not a feasible solution. I called Koodo and they suggested going to a physical Koodo stand and canceling the online order. This is what I’ve done and once there they gave me the SIM card on the spot and it worked. So going there physically was the solution.