Koodo Community
Solved

Help! Upgrade?

• 11 August 2021
  • 7 replies

So I’ve been trying to upgrade and I’m unable to do so online because I am afraid to lose any sort of grandfathered promo. I tried to talk to a rep 2 times and got disconnected, they just go quiet! It’s a little frustrating trying to renew my contract I cant do. Can someone help me please!!!!! 

Side note, I’ve had a technical issue with my Iphone 11, its almost like the sound is so quiet when calling or facetiming, Idk what to do. Its not very nice especially opening up a brand new phone, was not refurbished. Who do I contact? What do I do? 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 12 August 2021, 01:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I’ve been trying to upgrade and I’m unable to do so online because I am afraid to lose any sort of grandfathered promo. I tried to talk to a rep 2 times and got disconnected, they just go quiet! It’s a little frustrating trying to renew my contract I cant do. Can someone help me please!!!!! 

Side note, I’ve had a technical issue with my Iphone 11, its almost like the sound is so quiet when calling or facetiming, Idk what to do. Its not very nice especially opening up a brand new phone, was not refurbished. Who do I contact? What do I do? 

Have you tried to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist? What about sending a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter?

With regards to your technical issue, did you remove the plastic on your iPhone 11 screen? That may be the reason why the sound is muffled.

If you already did that, you may want to try to change your settings. Go to “Settings”, click “Sounds & Haptics”, and look at “Ringers and Alerts”. Enable the option where it says “Change with Buttons”.

I’ve moved it up all the way but it still sounds the same, almost static & quiet toned, I’ve never dropped the phone it came like this in mint conditioning besides the flaw. When calling or FaceTime it almost cuts out audio when talking 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you still have the plastic on the front of it like MilkyWay mentioned?

nope it is all removed, what do i do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

nope it is all removed, what do i do?

Can you check if the Phone Noise Cancellation feature is turned on your phone? Go to “Settings”, click “Accessibility”, scroll down to “Audio/Visual”, and toggle off the option. You also might want to turn off “Hearing Aid Compatibility”. Go back to the “Accessibility” menu, click “Hearing Devices”, and toggle off the option. 

No difference unfortunately, can koodo tech support resolve the issue? It always seems static & it almost feels like it cuts audio when someone is speaking, especially during facetime. Can i send it in???? it seems to be more of an annoyance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No difference unfortunately, can koodo tech support resolve the issue? It always seems static & it almost feels like it cuts audio when someone is speaking, especially during facetime. Can i send it in???? it seems to be more of an annoyance 

I am not sure if they will be able to help you out, but you can try to visit your nearest Telus store or Authorized Service Provider. Given that your phone is relatively new, it should still be within the warranty period. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/warranty-and-repair-policy