Koodo Community
Question

error transferring telus number to koodo

• 6 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Both my wife and myself bought Koodo phones/plans, and have been trying to transfer our Telus numbers over for the last three days. Every time we try, using either our telus account numbers, or IMEI, it says the number is incorrect. We are 100% certain these are correct, and it’s pretty frustrating having these new phones, and paying for a service, but not being able to use it. 
please help

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Both my wife and myself bought Koodo phones/plans, and have been trying to transfer our Telus numbers over for the last three days. Every time we try, using either our telus account numbers, or IMEI, it says the number is incorrect. We are 100% certain these are correct, and it’s pretty frustrating having these new phones, and paying for a service, but not being able to use it. 
please help

What does it say on your Self-Serve account? Does it say that your number has already been successfully transferred? Was it cancelled?

It doesn’t say either of those things. I think because it won’t let me submit my Telus account number or imei, so the process of transferring my number hasn’t started. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn’t say either of those things. I think because it won’t let me submit my Telus account number or imei, so the process of transferring my number hasn’t started. 

Did you cancel your line with Telus before porting over to Koodo? 

That is what happens when I try to enter account number or imei. It will not let me move forward from that 

No, our Telus lines are still active. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you including any leading zeros with the account number? 

You may want to call Telus and confirm the info you are entering is correct. Or you can use the callback system with Koodo assist https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

I’m not using any leading zeros, I’m taking the account number directly off my last bill with Telus so it should be correct. I do have a callback scheduled with Koodo for a few days from now.