Koodo Community
Question

Changing from Koodo postpaid to prepaid plan - unable to port my number

• 11 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I currently have a Koodo postpaid plan and am going to switch to a prepaid plan. I have purchased my Koodo prepaid SIM card and am going through the activation process. I wish to keep my current number. When I get to the field where it requests my current provider, I CANNOT CHOOSE KOODO (it is not shown as one of the options) so I cannot go any further in the process. 

Am I missing something? How do I get past this field to complete my prepaid activation? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try activating with a random number and then after registering in self serve on your prepaid account, try move your number to port.

Thank you - that sounds like it might work - I just don’t want to risk being without my number. Can someone from Koodo confirm that this is the way to do it?

Thank you - that sounds like it might work - I just don’t want to risk being without my number. Can someone from Koodo confirm that this is the way to do it?

Did it end up working for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dave Ender not sure if OP will respond, but I can vouch that the method Goran mentioned will definitely work. It's the safest way to port your number.