Koodo Community
Question

cannot recieve sms so i cant create an account

• 17 October 2022
  • 5 replies

my wife and i moved out of the country for 8 months but plan on returning to canada after her sporting season is over. 

before we left i transfered my phone number to koodo so i could pay for a cheap plan but still keep my number. i had everythinh working fine, but before we left i must have forgotten to create an online account.

so now that i am trying to top up my plan so that i don't lose my phone number, i cannot create an account because i cant recieve any sms’s do enter the verification code. is there anything i can do?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account?

It’s a prepaid account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid accounts can only roam in the US. Also you need to top up every 89 days at the most to retain your account. If you're not in the US, you won't be able to receive anything. Is the last time you added money before you left Canada?

Yeah I got the account set up the day before I left. 
I am living in Norway right now so I was afraid I won’t be able to keep my phone number if I can’t top up again in the 89 days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So in order to activate a prepaid account it requires you to set up self serve online.  I should not be possible to activate prepaid without your self serve account, including selecting a baseplan and topping up.