Koodo Community
Question

Cannot add data

• 28 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Can you top up  your data if you have data still remaining on your account?
A family member needs more data however the self serve portal is telling me that I cannot do it.
This is just plain ridiculous.  How do I get 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer?

Are you the account owner?

If you’re a prepaid customer, you should be able to purchase a data booster. If you’re a postpaid customer, you can switch to a plan that offers more data.

Or, you can top up your data directly from your Koodo phone with these two options. (Authorized users can make purchases; unauthorized users will only receive the usage notification without an option to top up):

1. Send a text message to 5337 with keyword YES to use your plan’s data pay-per-use rate.
  2. Send a text message to 5337 with keyword 17YES to add a data top-up of 500MB for $17 and 25YES to add a data top-up of 1GB for $25.

If you buy data and use it all up, it will be paused again. You can choose to continue using your data, but you’ll be charged your plan’s data pay-per-use rate.

You can only buy and use top-ups within the same bill cycle; your data will reset with the start of a new bill cycle. Any leftover data can’t be carried over to the next cycle.